Call for Papers Special Issue of RAIRO-Operations Research: Operations Research Applications in Industry
- Published on 13 April 2017
We invite submissions of articles for a forthcoming issue of RAIRO-Operations Research on Operations Research Applications in Industry. This special issue will be dedicated, both, to the 117th European Study Group with Industry, that has been held in Avignon, France, May 23- 27, 2016, and to the Industrial Days ("Journées Industrielles") organized each year by GDR RO (CNRS). However, it is also open to papers which have not been presented in any of these two events
High quality papers, dealing with any real-world industrial issues and using intensively Operations Research Approaches, are solicited. Applications of interests may include, but are not limited to:
• Airline Industry : routing and flight plans, crew scheduling, revenue management, etc.
• Telecommunications : network routing, queue control, etc.;
• Manufacturing Industry : inventory control, production scheduling, capacity planning, etc.
• Healthcare : hospital management, facility design, etc.
• Transportation and logistics : traffic control, network flow, location planning, etc.
• Cloud Computing.
The theoretical background of interests of these applications includes but are not limited to:
• Mathematical Programming
• Linear and integer programming
• Non-linear programming
• Quadratic Programming
• Graph and network algorithms
• Multiobjective optimization
• Stochastic and robust programming
The deadline for submission of full papers is 31st August 2017.
The submissions will be managed electronically. All submissions will be refereed according to the high standards of the journal. Further details can be found on the RAIRO-Operations Research website. Information about RAIRO-Operations Research including author instructions is available at:
Additional information about the special issue can be obtained from the Guest Editors.