Volume 29, Number 3, 1995Special Issue on Complexity and Industrial Systems
|Page(s)||259 - 283|
|Published online||07 February 2017|
- J. S. ARMSTRONG, Forecasting with Econometric Methods: Folklore versus Fact, Journal of Business, 1978Vol. 51, No. 4.
- G. E. P. BOX and G. JENKINS, Time Series Analysis, Forecasting and Control, Holden-Day, San Francisco, 1970. [MR: 272138] [Zbl: 0363.62069]
- C. CHATFIELD, Calculating interval forecasts, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, in press, 1993.
- R. CLEMEN, Combining forecasts: A review and annotated bibliography with discussion, International Journal of Forecasting, 1989, Vol. 5, pp. 559-608.
- K. O. COGGER, The optimality of general-order exponential smoothing, Operations Research, 1974, Vol. 22, pp. 858-867. [MR: 438623] [Zbl: 0284.62063]
- F. COLLOPY, and J. S. ARMSTRONG, Rule-based forecasting, Management Science, 1992, 38, pp. 1394-1414.
- J.-C. DUPLESSY, and P. MOREL, Gros Temps sur la Planète, Editions Odile Jacob, Paris, 1990.
- R. FERBER, Are correlations any guide to predictive value, Applied Statistics, 1956, Vol. 5, pp. 113-122.
- R. FILDES, and S. MAKRIDAKIS, The Impact of Empirical Studies on Time Series Analysis and Forecasting, International Statistical Review, forthcoming, 1995. [Zbl: 0960.62535]
- R. FILDES, An evaluation of Bayesian forecasting, Journal of Forecasting, 1983, Vol. 2, pp. 137-150.
- E. S., Jr., GARDNER and E. MCKENZIE, Forecasting trends in time series, Management Science, 1985, Vol. 31, pp. 1237-1246. [Zbl: 0617.62105]
- M. D. GEURTS, and J. P. KELLY, Forecasting retail sales using alternative models, International Journal of Forecasting, 1986, Vol. 2, pp. 261-272.
- J. GUIOT, J. L. de BEAULIEU, A. PONS and M. REILLE, A 140,000 year climatic reconstruction from two european pollen records, Nature, 1989, Vol. 338, pp. 309-313.
- J. GLEICK, Chaos: Making a New Science, Viking, NewYork, 1987. [MR: 1010647] [Zbl: 0706.58002]
- W. R. HUSS, Comparative analysis of company forecasts and advanced time series techniques in the electric utility industry, International Journal of Forecasting, 1985, Vol. 1, pp. 217-239.
- J. JOUZEL, C. LORIUS, J. R. PETIT, C. GENTHON, N. I. BARGOV, V. M. KOTLYAKOV and V. M. PETROV, Vostok Ice Core: A continuous isotope temperature over the last climatic cycle (160 000 years), Nature, 1987, Vol. 329, pp. 403-408.
- A. B. KOEHLER and E. S. MURPHREE, A comparison of results from state space forecasting with forecasts from the Makridakis Competition, International Journal of Forecasting, 1988, Vol. 4, pp. 45-55.
- E. LORENZ, Large-Scale Motions of the Atmosphere: Circulation, in Advances in Earth Science, in Hurley, P. M. (ed), The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, 1966.
- E. J. LUSK and J. S. NEVES, A comparative ARIMA analysis of the 111 series of the Makridakis competition, Journal of Forecasting, 1984, Vol. 3, pp. 329-332.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS, C. CHATFIELD, M. HIBON, M. LAWRENCE, T. MILLS, K. ORD and L. F. SIMMONS, The M-2 Competition: A real-life judgmentally based forecasting study, International Journal of Forecasting, 1993, Vol. 9, pp. 5-29.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS, Sliding Simulation: A New Approach to Time Series Forecasting, Management Science, 1990, Vol. 36, pp. 505-512.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS and R. L. WINKLER, Sampling distributions of post-sample forecasting errors, Applied Statistics, 1989, Vol. 38, pp. 331-342. [Zbl: 0707.62193]
- S. MAKRIDAKIS, M. HIBON E. LUSK and M. BELHADJALI, Confidence intervals: an empirical investigation of the series in the M-competition, International Journal of Forecasting, 1987, Vol. 3, pp. 489-508.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS, The art and science of forecasting: an assessment and future directions, International Journal of Forecasting, 1986, Vol. 2, pp. 15-39.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS, A. ANDERSEN, R. CARBONE, R. FILDES, M. HIBON, R. LEWANDOWSKI, J. NEWTON, P. PARZEN and R. WINKLER, The accuracy of extrapolation (time series) methods: Results of a forecasting competition, Journal of Forecasting, 1982, Vol. 1, pp. 111-153.
- S. MAKRIDAKIS and M. HIBON, Accuracy of Forecasting: an empirical investigation with discussion, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (A), 1979, Vol. 142, pp. 97-145.
- R. MAY, Simple Mathematical Models with Very Complicated Dynamics, Nature, 1976, Vol. 261, pp. 459-467. [Zbl: 0527.58025]
- R. MAY, Biological Populations with Non-Overlapping Generations: Stable Points, Stable Cycles, and Chaos, Science, 1974, Vol. 186, pp. 645-647.
- S. K. MCNEES, An Evaluation of Economic Forecasts, New England Economic Review, Nov-Dec, 1975.
- D. C. MONTGOMERY and L. A. JOHNSON, Forecasting and Time Series Analysis, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1976. [Zbl: 0411.62067]
- P. NEWBOLD and C. W. J. GRANGER, Experience with forecasting univariate time-series and the combination of forecasts with discussion, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (A), 1974, Vol. 137, pp. 131-165. [MR: 451583]
- P. N. PANT and W. H. STARBUCK, Innocents in the forecast: forecasting and research methods, Journal of Management, 1990, Vol. 16, pp. 433-460.
- I. PETERSON, Newton 's Clock: Chaos in the Solar System, W.H. Freeman and Company, New York, 1993.
- M. B. PRIESTLEY, Comment on Makridakis, Spyros, Hibon, Michèle, Accuracy of forecasting: an empirical investigation with discussion, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (A), 1979, Vol. 142, pp. 127-128.
- D. J. REID, A comparative study of time series prediction techniques on economic data, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, 1969.
- S. P. SCHNAARS, A comparison of extrapolation models on yearly sales forecasts, International Journal of Forecasting, 1986, Vol. 2, pp. 71-85.
- M. P. SCHUPACK, The predictive accuracy of empirical demand analysis, Economic Journal, 1962, Vol. 72, pp. 550-575.
- E. SLUTSKY, The Summation of Random Causes as the Source of Cyclic Processes, Econometrica, 1937, Vol. 5, pp. 105-146. [JFM: 63.1131.03]
- M. W. WATSON, L. M. PASTUSZEK and E. CODY, Forecasting commercial electricity sales, Journal of Forecasting, 1987, Vol. 6, pp. 117-136.
- A. S. WEIGEND, and N. A. GERSHENFELD, Time Series Prediction: Forecasting the Future and Understanding the Past, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Mass, 1994.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.